The Inn Between Restaurant was opened in May 1972. Before that time the Munro Home, as it was originally known, had changed hands at least five times when it was taken over by the present owners. This site was the manor house of the Munro family whose ancestry dates back to Scotland. The house was the hub of all activities during the day and yet offered a restful haven in the evening after a hard days work in the fields. Thomas Hill Munro built his home in 1880 shortly after his marriage to Nellie Brown in 1875. The land on which the house was built was part of a farm owned by his father David Allen Munro. The Munro family is recognized as having a large role in the history of Onondaga County and in particular the Elbridge-Camillus area. In 1799, the same year that the Town of Camillus was formed, Squire Munro moved here from Cheshire, Mass. to work his newly acquired farm land. It stretched for 300 acres over rolling hills which were densely populated with trees. Squire Munro, a soldier in the revolutionary War, was one of four sons of John Munro. Another of the brothers arriving at that time was the grandfather of the fifth President of the United States, James Munro, who was in office from 1816 to 1824.
If approved, your testimonial will be displayed momentarily.
Click to hide